I am Safique, an ardent hobbyist in wildlife photography and a careerist in global financial services with equal intensity. This page shares my passion for capturing wild cats, birds, and nature over the last 15 years. It’s true that ‘we are what we repeatedly do’ (Aristotle). I travel extensively to seize the beauty and behaviors of the animal planets in their natural habitat across the globe, particularly India and Africa the Eden of wildlife. I write, exhibit, and share the learning we can derive from it through my images to raise affection, to uphold the importance of their existence in our life; hence, the need to protect them.
Awards and mentions:
- Published Tiger Images “Call of The Wild” series in The Telegraph, London
- Received 1stPrize, Van Mahotsav, Government of Assam, 2018 for a Rhino image
- ICICI Bank Privilege Moment jury award, 2nd runner-up in the Wonderful Wildfire category.
If one life isn’t enough and we can’t do all, we can surely try to build abilities and skills to live childhood dreams. It is indeed possible to go beyond office skills.
My quest with nature took me not only to forests and photography but to mountains and kept my feet on the street running several marathons. Celebrating HEALTH immensely helped, and it remained an enabler to chase my dreams.
- Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro, 19340 ft, Feb 2020 (a seven-summit mountain)
- Summited, Friendship Peak, 17346 ft, 2018 (Himalaya, Pir Pranjal range, a semi-technical climb)
- Stok Kangri, Ladakh, 20000 ft, 2017 (1stmountain and failed attempt to summit)
- Kashmir Great Lake, Gadsar pass, 14000 ft, July 2023
- Ladakh Marathon, world’s highest peak marathon at 12000 Ft, 2020
- Wimbledon, New York, Satara Hill Marathon, Bangalore Ultra, and 50+ other marathons across India last 12 years.
Born & grew up in the lap of forests and tea gardens in the state of Assam, the North East of India. Often roamed around with a slingshot/Catapult in hand as a child in my backyards. Nature gifted me a gypsy soul and taught me freedom. Studied, worked, and lived in five different cities in India, currently live in Hyderabad with my family, and connect with global colleagues, leaders, friends, places, and cultures.